The book hits its high point when he examines the mysticism and spirituality of the psychedelic experience.
New York Review Books - Wikipedia
What can we learn about ourselves when the part of our mind controlling the ego drops away? What is this older, more primitive part of the brain, which connects us to how a child sees the world? Brennan-Jobs grew up shuttling between two starkly different worlds: the bohemian, peripatetic world of her mother, an unstable and impoverished artist, and the luxurious world of her cruel and increasingly wealthy father, Steve Jobs. She provides indelible portraits of both parents, recreating the fraught landscape of her childhood in Palo Alto through the careful accretion of exquisitely granular detail.
Her memoir is a work of uncanny intimacy, the debut of a singular literary sensibility. Ultimately, though, it is her portrayal of Jobs as a man prone to mind-boggling acts of emotional negligence and abuse that gives this book its overlay of devastation. Nonfiction Grove Press.
ALA User Menu
Read the review Read our profile of Lisa Brennan-Jobs. Check out our list of notable books of , and our gift guide for book lovers. And listen to us on the Book Review podcast. Book Review The 10 Best Books of Asymmetry By Lisa Halliday. Book Description Condition: New.
- How the South Joined the Gambling Nation: The Politics of State Policy Innovation.
- Athletic Jenny Bathing Nude in Bubbles - Color Art Photography (Getting Wet, Erotic Art Nudes in the Bath Book 1).
- As the world gets louder, we combat sound with more sound, searching for an illusion of control.!
Seller Inventory n. Book Description Penguin Random House.
- The 100 best books of the 21st century.
- Reality Therapy (Theories of Psychotherapy).
- SatyriCON - Bockshorngeschichten (German Edition);
- Successful Strategies for Improving Counseling Programs.
- Top Podcasts In News?
- My Century by Aleksander Wat.
Brand New. Seller Inventory Trade Paperback. Seller Inventory BZV New Book.
Shipped from UK in 4 to 14 days. Established seller since Seller Inventory H Book Description Paperback.
Flag this list
Shipping may be from multiple locations in the US or from the UK, depending on stock availability. English Language Version. Aleksander Wat.
- 12 Secrets To Swoon Your Mate Under $12: Effecting Dating on a Budget;
- Customer Reviews!
- Was nicht ist, kann noch werden (German Edition)!
- Dans la roue du tueur - Prix du Masque de lannée 2008 (Masque Jaune t. 2512) (French Edition).
This specific ISBN edition is currently not available. View all copies of this ISBN edition:.
ISBN 13: 9781590170656
Synopsis About this title In My Century the great Polish poet Aleksander Wat provides a spellbinding account of life in Eastern Europe in the midst of the terrible twentieth century. About the Author : Aleksander Wat — , the nom de plume of Aleksander Chwat, was born in Warsaw, the descendant of an old and distinguished Jewish family which counted among its members the great sixteenth-century cabalist Isaac Luria. Language Notes : Text: English, Polish translation "About this title" may belong to another edition of this title. Marrow and Bone Walter Kempowski.
Stoner: 50th Anniversary Edition John Williams. Charisma and Disenchantment Max Weber. Agathe; or, the Forgotten Sister Robert Musil. Sketches of the Criminal World Varlam Shalamov. The Criminal Child Jean Genet. Heaven's Breath Lyall Watson. The Bad Side of Books D.
Images and Shadows Iris Origo. Nada Jean-Patrick Manchette. Three Summers Margarita Liberaki. Castle Gripsholm Kurt Tucholsky.
Stalingrad Vasily Grossman. The Storyteller Essays Walter Benjamin.